Wednesday, October 21, 2009

really?

God wants to do amazing things in the world, this is not one of them. My first reaction is a little bit of disbelief. I understand why many people believe that the King James is only version that's right, but to burn the other versions as well as books by Billy Graham & Mother Teresa is a little...um...crazy. 

I'm not trying to be self righteous, but aren't there some bigger issues to tackle? Poverty, famine, homelessness, etc. Yet, this tiny church in North Carolina is using it's 15 minutes to tell the world how evil Rick Warren is. This is mind boggling. The worst part for me is that this gives credence to the people who hate the church. Whether it's right or wrong, this Pastor is representing the global church to millions of people. This makes me sad for this church & for the people involved.

I decided to read some blogs about this & I couldn't believe when I saw one with the headline, "Church Burning Bibles. Yay!" The person that wrote the blog entry stated with glee that they wouldn't have to do anything to destroy churches, we would do it ourselves.


Too often I let pride, ignorance, or immaturity keep me from doing what God really wants. The great commission says to go & make disciples, but we are too busy with things that don't really matter.


What are you & I doing that get in the way of God doing amazing things?

No comments: